Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Harvest Carnival Fun & Mummy Cupcakes

Tonight was the Harvest Carnival at my boys' school.  I worked the Cake Walk since I'm a Homeroom mom for Alex's class, and we were assigned that booth for the carnival.  Here I am with "Cotton Candy" working the booth.


I made Owl Cupcakes and Mummy Cupcakes for the cake walk.  You can read about how to make the Owl Cupcakes HERE.

The Mummy Cupcakes were easy to decorate.  I started with chocolate cupcakes.  I put a little squirt of buttercream icing on the cupcakes and stuck an m&m candy on it to make the eyes.


Then I used a flat tip on a decorating bag filled with buttercream icing  . . .



to squirt the mummy's "wrap" across the cupcake leaving a space for the mouth and not covering the "eyes".


At this point, the recipe (which you can click HERE for the recipe) says to use black gel icing to make a dot on the mummy's eyes.  My grocery had every color but black!  :)  

Oh well.  No biggie!  Mummies are dead anyway.  Why do they need a pupil?  I made 18 Mummy cupcakes.  And then I decorated the remaining 12 cupcakes with buttercream icing and sprinkles.



Shane had a great time at the carnival.  He won two toys at the Toy Walk, not to mention all the other prizes he won at the duck pond . . . or dry duck pond . . .



At the Feed the Elephant booth . . .



and at the Go Fish booth . . .



There were other carnival booths, but these were the only ones I got to see Shane play because I needed to help at the cake walk.   Nana (my mother) and Aunt Carolyn walked Shane around the carnival while I worked my shift.

We had a lot of fun at the Carnival, but it sure was nice when we finally got back to the comfort of our home . . . 

Only two more days of October and Halloween fun for . . . 

                          the Ferrell boys and me!

Check out my other posts from my 31 Day Writing Challenge in October on the topic of "Comfort and Home"  HERE.




2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a toy walk! Were they dollar store toys? Our school does a cake walk but I'm sure the kids would love a toy walk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do a cake walk and a toy walk. The elementary students donate a $5 toy for the toy walk and the High School students bring the cakes for the cake walk. My boys love both! I usually get some toys when they go on sale after Christmas and put them back for the next year's toy walk because I have 3 children in elementary . . .so that's 3 toys to donate. This year since I had to work the cake walk, I also made the cupcakes too.

      Delete

I love your comments!