Pages

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Fall Comfort: Pumpkin Pound Cake


Fall is here!  

And everywhere you look on the internet whether it's on Pinterest . . . or  on blogs . . .  or even on your own Facebook newsfeed PUMPKIN recipes are everywhere.

But I'm not a big PUMPKIN fan.

However . . . I'm always willing to try something  - especially if it comes in the form of CAKE!

Here's a winning PUMPKIN recipe that I LOVE!  Give it a try and see if you like it too.  Here's a picture of my Pumpkin Pound Cake from last year's Thanksgiving dessert table:



PUMPKIN POUND CAKE

1 pkg yellow cake mix
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup water
4 eggs
1 can pumpkin (15 oz. can)
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon

Mix batter in order given.  Beat three minutes.  Be sure to scrape the bowl periodically while beating the batter to keep it from gumming up on the bottom of the mixing bowl.  Pour into a greased bundt pan or tube pan.  Bake at 350° for 1 hour.  Do not open the oven.  Serve with Cool Whip topping.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a great dessert that will really add comfort to your home this Fall through the delicious smells and tastes of pumpkin . . .

and also a yummy dessert that everyone will love even . . . .
                 the Ferrell boys and me!


*************************************
Check out my other posts from my 31 Day Writing Challenge in October on the topic of "Comfort and Home"  HERE.



I'm linking up with these fun parties:


Jam Hands

Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom

1 comment:

  1. I am not a big pumpkin fan either but this looks delicious. What a great treat to take for all of the upcoming family get-togethers!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!