Pages

Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas Musical at School


Thursday night was the 2nd annual Christmas Musical at my children's school.  They wear Christmas colors and sing Christmas songs . . . and add some Christmas comedy to make a great show for parents and friends.  It's called "Soup and a Show," because after the musical show, everyone goes to the cafeteria for a bowl of homemade soup. . . . vegetable soup, taco soup, or potato soup.   I volunteered to make a crockpot full of potato soup.   I had pinned a recipe for Paula Deen's Crockpot Potato Soup and thought this would be a good time to try it out. 

The recipe doesn't call for a lot of ingredients.  I had everything on hand except for the frozen hash brown potatoes.


It is really easy to put together.  Here is the recipe:

Easy Crockpot Potato Soup

Mix the following ingredients together in a crockpot:

1 pkg frozen hash brown potatoes (32oz)
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cans chicken broth (14oz)
1/2 cup chopped fine onion
1/3 tsp black pepper

Cook on low for 5 hours.  Then add an 8oz block of cream cheese to the soup and let it continue to cook on low for 30 minutes.  Serve with shredded cheese, chopped green onion, and crumbled bacon.

Okay.  That's the recipe.  Here's what I did.  I doubled the recipe because I needed a big crockpot full for the show.  After 5 1/2 hours, the potatoes tasted a little hard and not done, so I stirred it ( the cream cheese was already in and melted ), put the lid back on and let it cook a couple more hours on high.  Then I dumped in a package of the
Oscar Mayer Real Bacon Bits.  Because I doubled the recipe, it may have taken longer to get done.


It was really good soup.  I had several people tell me that they got a bowl of my soup at the event, and they raved about how good it was.  I thought it was really good too.  I will definitely keep this recipe handy for those nights I need something easy to make for supper in the crockpot.  Here's the link to the original potato soup recipe that I pinned:  Twirlblog: Potato Goodness

Now about the Christmas Musical . . . All 3 Ferrell boys were in it. 


Zach and Alex did so good.  They sang and danced and looked like they really enjoyed themselves.



But Shane . . . They let Shane and his best friend, Colt, stand next to each other. 


That was not the best idea.  They sang and danced and were great when it was a song that they were supposed to participate in, but when they weren't supposed to be singing . . . when someone else was singing . . . Shane was busy being disruptive.


He wouldn't leave Colt alone!  Poor Colt! 


These two boys have been best friends since birth! 


I could see my future . . . Zach and Alex are finally calming down when we are in public . . . but Shane is apparently taking over where they have left off!


But even with Shane's crazy antics going on . . . the Christmas Musical was wonderful!  I'm so glad the school has started doing this with the children.  My boys have enjoyed the practices and the songs and dances they have learned.  I know this because they have been singing and dancing at the house for weeks now!


Of course you can see that "Elvis" showed up to sing for us too.  The following picture is sooo funny.  The two little girls behind "Elvis" have their hands over their ears!  So funny!  And Shane (to the far left) is still misbehaving!


What can I say?  More embarrassing memories being made with . . .

                        the Ferrell boys and me!

1 comment:

I love your comments!