Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Ferrell Christmas Fun -- Day 1


We've had a pretty good day.  :)

It all started out as every Sunday should start out . . . we all went to church.  Some of us wear red lizards around our necks when we go to church :)



After church and Sunday school, we picked up lunch at KFC -  so glad I didn't have to cook!  And then after lunch, a couple of sweet girls from the neighborhood came by and took lots of pictures for our Christmas cards.  I can't wait to see them and share them with everyone!  Getting Shane to behave was very trying . . . but those sweet girls had a lot of patience with him.

After the photography session, I made good on a promise to Shane and took him over to Nana and PawPaw's for a little while.

Before I knew it . . . . it was time for me to cook supper.  On Sunday nights, I usually cook breakfast for supper.  The boys love it.  This Sunday, I had a little surprise for them . . . a Christmas twist on our usual Sunday night supper . . . special pancakes . . . special green pancakes . . .


Why green pancakes?


Because you need Green pancakes to make pretty Christmas tree pancakes . . .


While I got the scrambled eggs and cheese grits ready, I put the boys' Christmas tree pancakes in the oven on the "Warm and Hold" setting.


The boys had no idea that I was making these special pancakes for them . . . and they were thrilled when I surprised them at the table with green Christmas tree pancakes!



Zach thought his mouth was big enough to swallow the tree whole . . . Ha!


Shane totally dismantled his tree before eating it  . . .


Alex was amazed as the syrup flowed down the pancake tree . . .


I think the green Christmas tree pancakes will become a Ferrell Christmas tradition!

I wish I could take credit for this super cute Christmas idea, but alas, I got it off another blog.  I follow MeaningfulMama .com , and she did this for her children.   I thought it was so cute and something I could easily do for the boys.

And crazy as this may sound . . . Dave and I both think the green pancakes taste better than the regular ones!  Ha!   And surprisingly, the boys ate almost all their pancakes.  Zach ate all 7 of his . . . Shane ate 4 out of 6 of his . . . and Alex almost ate all of his too! 

This Christmas season . . .

I wonder what other surprises are planned for  . . .

                        the Ferrell boys and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!