Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Finding Comfort at Home in the Ordinary


So I walked around my home looking for comfort . . . in my home . . . unplanned comfort . . . ordinary comfort . . .

And this morning, this is what I found . . .  Comfort and Home displayed in brotherly love . . .


Only place safer to sleep . . . besides between your Momma and Daddy . . . would be to sleep between your two big brothers.


This afternoon I looked around for some 
after-school comfort at home.

I found Shane watching cartoons on the big living room couch.  

Shane is my favorite child to photograph.  Ha!
He's always so accommodating.  Not!


 Alex took a moment away from the comfort of his computer games to give me a smile . . . of sorts.


Our sweet kittens found comfort in each other as they took an afternoon nap.


I noticed the mums sitting on the breakfast table waiting for me . . .  


so I decided that for me . . . 

for my definition of comfort and home . . . 

It is a home that's comfortable for Dave, my boys, and me, but also a home that's welcoming to others.  A home that's comfortable for friends and family too.

And what's more welcoming to others on this October 1st day than a freshly-potted container of Fall mums . . .



And that wraps up Day 1 of my 31 Days in October Challenge.  I hope you check back tomorrow for more . . .

31 Days of Comfort and Home with . . .

                  the Ferrell boys and me!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!