Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Week of February 27th - Menu Plan




I've got my menu together for this week, and I can't wait to try some of these recipes!

Monday:

Chicken/Onion Shish Kabob (using Grillmates marinade)
Rice
Cheesy bread

Tuesday:

Meatloaf (using Hunt's Meatloaf Fixins)
Mashed Potatoes
Mac & Cheese
English Peas
Rolls

Wednesday/Church:

Recipe & Picture from Chef-in-training.com

Crockpot Chicken Parmesan
Spaghetti Noodles
Garlic Bread


Thursday:

Chicken Fettucini Alfredo
Caesar Salad
Garlic Bread

Friday:

Tacos
Mexican Rice

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm trying to try at least one new recipe a week.  This week's recipe, the Crockpot Chicken Parmesan, got great reviews from the people who tried it.  My boys love spaghetti and sauce so hopefully they won't mind having a little chicken with it!

I usually make the alfredo sauce from scratch, but I'm doing a little research for a lower calorie recipe . . . I know I used to have one using the laughing cow cheese.  I've got to do something if I want to keep losing weight.  I didn't go to WW last Saturday because I just didn't feel like it, but I did go the week before and had lost another 2 pounds.  

That makes 18 pounds total since I started on January 2nd!  I've got to get back serious . . . I haven't been drinking my water or exercising so that's my goal for the next week.

My sweet boys, Shane & Alex

Hope all is well in your home.  Today's been a very stressful day emotionally.  A little boy disappeared from his family's yard yesterday, and he was found this morning in a pond . . .  gone forever from his parent's arms  . . . A sweet dear friend of ours also went to Jesus today after battling an illness for weeks . . .  I have had this all on my mind -- all day . . .


Dave and I spent the afternoon with our boys -- outside -- piddling around.  I think we both were thinking the same thing . . . how blessed we are . . . how life is so fleeting . . . how we shouldn't take these moments with the boys for granted . . . They are growing up so fast!


On top of all this . . .  I received a card from one of my dearest college friends today.  She's going through a lot -- battling cancer again (and winning!) -- so when I got her card, I decided to call her. (I had lost her number, but she put it in the card!  so smart!)

I enjoyed talking to her so much!  I wish I could see her smiling face in person!  She lives in Connecticut so I don't get to see her too often.  In fact, I don't remember when I saw her last!  But I miss her and wish I could see her.  She's actually going to be in Memphis this weekend and if I could, I would go see her there. 

But unfortunately, Dave is working this weekend and I wouldn't ever want to go to Memphis by myself with the Ferrell boys! 


So I'll just have to settle with phone conversations until she's back home in Mississippi again.

Hey Jane!  I hope you are reading this and know I love you!

The pictures of the boys -- I posted these for you - Jane!  Hopefully I'll see you sometime soon . . . so until then  . . . keep reading about . . .

                          the Ferrell boys and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!