Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

What's up with that Elf?

We slept a little later this morning because our church service was delayed until 10:30 this morning.  We usually meet at 9:30, but this morning our choir was performing their Christmas Cantata and the deacons decided to have a later service.  It was nice to sleep a little later.

When the boys woke up this morning, they found this in their bathroom:


That crazy elf, a/k/a Jeff, had rolled the bathroom!


The boys were delighted . . . me not so much.  I just hope he brought his own toilet paper and didn't use any of ours.  That stuff is expensive!  Also, notice I still haven't gotten a mirror for the bathroom yet.  Getting the doorknobs and mirrors for my house is going to be my New Year's Resolution!

The Christmas Cantata was wonderful!  I enjoyed every song they sang.  The performances of the individual soloists were fantastic.  A couple of them I wish I had recorded.  It was a blessing to us all!


After church, we were lazy most of the day.  I decided to cook something special for supper.  I had some hamburger meat in the refrigerator so I decided to make the Pioneer Woman's meatballs for supper.

They were easy to mix together, and I used my Pampered Chef medium scoop to make the meatballs.

I popped them in the freezer for 30 min or so as the recipe said . . .


Then I floured them and browned them in my big Pampered Chef skillet.  I actually over-crowded my skillet so next time I'll brown the meatballs in batches like the recipe says . . .


Put them in the rectangular dish:


Poured the recipe's sauce on the meatballs:


Baked the meatballs in the oven at 350 degrees for 40 minutes:


Okay.  They were sooooooo good!  That picture may not look too great, but the meatballs were fine!  Everyone loved them. . . .even Shane!  He ate two servings (Shane size servings)!  I served them with mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese.  No vegetables tonight.  I count the ketchup in the meatball sauce as a vegetable. :D

You can find the Pioneer Woman's meatball recipe on her site http://thepioneerwoman.com/
or you can go directly to the Meatball recipe  HERE!

Her recipe calls for oats, but I didn't have any so I used Progresso breadcrumbs.  Also the sauce is very tangy, so the next time I make them, I'm going to cut back on the vinegar.

This recipe is a little time consuming to make.  Make sure you start early when you make them.  They have to sit in the freezer for 30+ minutes, then you have to brown them, and then cook them in the oven 45 minutes.  We were 8 o'clock eating because I didn't factor in all that time!  It makes a lot too.  We didn't eat but half of them so  I froze the leftovers for later.

Hope y'all have a great Monday!  Remember, just 6 more shopping days left until Christmas!

Tina and the Ferrell Boys

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!