Pages

Monday, December 2, 2013

Christmas Lights

Finally Jeff our Elf on the Shelf has arrived!  The boys were so ecstatic!  I was pleased to see where he chose to make his first appearance!  I should have known he was a Rebel!



On the second day of December, our family Christmas activity was putting lights on the Christmas tree.  We use the old fashioned looking lights on our tree -- LED old fashioned looking lights!



The boys stood around the tree and passed the lights to each other as they carefully place the strands on the branches.



I'll probably go back and arrange the lights a little more before we add the ornaments, but I'm so proud of all my boys' decorating teamwork . . . Dave included!




With the flash . . .




Without the flash . . .



After putting the lights on the tree, we sent the boys off for their baths and pajamas so we could have our nightly Christmas countdown.  (The toy in his hand in every picture is the reward he got for taking his last remaining vaccination shot today like a big boy.  Dave took him to get the shot AND to get the toy.  I couldn't handle it!)



Tonight was Alex's night to read the Scripture.  It came from Matthew 1: 18 which reads:

18 This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about[a]: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit.  (source)




The Nativity character was Joseph.



Zach read our nightly Christmas book . . . Christmas in the Barn.



It is a sweet story that tells the story of Christ's birth with a little focus on the animals in the barn (stable) that night.  :)



And so concludes Day 2 of the 25 Days to Christmas countdown with . . .

                                 the Ferrell boys and me!


See my other posts about the 25 Days to Christmas Countdown with the Ferrell boys and me at this LINK.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!