Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Window Dressing for Thanksgiving


If you ever cruise through Pinterest . . . or if you follow any crafting or decorating blogs . . . then you have seen a trend of using discarded windows as a decorating element.

I've joined this decorating bandwagon.  



This is how it started:  Yesterday when we were leaving a birthday party at the football field, I spotted this . . .


For those folks who live here, I was coming out of the North gate of the football field on Pearl Street and there was this pretty little deer standing there  . . .  looking around.  

So I turned down the street . . . I don't know the name . . . the one by the pallet machine shop. . . . so the boys could see the deer and so I could get a couple of pictures.  


So . . . after getting a couple of pictures, I headed on toward Chancellor Street with the intent to go on home, and then I saw a stack of windows on the side of the road in front of one of the houses.  They were replacing the old windows with new energy efficient window.  :)

And I stopped and opened the back of the vehicle and proceeded to begin loading the windows into the back.  

My boys weren't surprised.  This isn't the first time we've stopped on the side of the road to pick up stuff.

So that was yesterday.  This is today.


I put the largest window on top of the piano in the foyer.  Zach and I made the banner using the template I found at Salt and Pepper Moms Blog  HERE.   She gives a template for the pendant shape and also for the "THANKS" letters.  I added the "GIVE" letters on my own.


We cut the banner out of burlap and used a sharpie marker to fill in the letters.

I love it.  I'm still working on the gourd and leaf arrangement on the top of the piano, but I'm pretty happy with the window/banner part. The banner is a little big . . . but it will do for now.

After the holidays are over, I'll probably paint the window a different color.  All I did today was wipe it off with a wet cloth.


So that's the first step toward decorating for Thanksgiving here at Ferrell Farm.  Lots more decorating and preparing to do before our extended family gets here for Thanksgiving with . . .

                               the Ferrell boys and me!

I'm linking up to these awesome parties:


Weekend Bloggy Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!