Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Surviving Summer!

My boys are busy little boys.  If I don't keep them busy with projects, activities, or chores, then my house usually becomes a mess!  And then I become a screaming no-fun mom.  :/



So the win/win solution for us this summer is to come up with a plan.  The chores are pretty easy since we do those year round, but the activities and projects can be difficult and costly.  So I've searched my favorite blogs, pinners, and friends for some cheap and fun things to do this summer with the boys.




First, I am following this blogger (The Joys of Boys) who has the summer planned out already with fun crafts, activities, and creative ideas.  



She is posting a Summer series with other participating bloggers for planning a Summer Survival for Moms of Boys.  I mean, how perfect is that?!  The boys and I have already started the bouncing egg experiment I found on her site.  

I've also started following The Confident Mom website.  She has a summer calendar planner called the Summer Survival Calendar that you can purchase from her that maps out daily activities for each day during the Summer along with all the links to the activities.



Besides the great ideas that both of these websites suggests, I'm also planning some fun excursions for the boys.  We're obviously going to the Lake every day we can this Summer.

And I've also signed them up for free skating coupons through the Kids Skate Free website.  Both the skating rinks in Starkville and Columbus participate in this program.  Once you register for the skating rink in your area, you get coupons emailed to you each week for each child you register allowing them to skate free twice a week.  My boys Love to skate!  We haven't been yet, but we have plans to go next week.

Also the Columbus Cinema is showing $2 movies on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 10 o'clock as a part of the Kids' Summer Film Fest.  Here's a poster showing the movies and dates:



So between the movies, skating, swimming, and daily suggested activities . . . maybe the boys and I will do more than just survive this Summer!  Hopefully, this will be a great Summer full of memories and fun for  . . .

                                 the Ferrell boys and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!