Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Summer at the Lake

This is the first summer where we have been members of the Lake.



I have wanted to become a member of the Lake ever since we'd moved to the country, but it wasn't until the end of last summer that I got an application for membership. When we were accepted for membership,  I was soooo excited, but the boys couldn't really appreciate how much fun it was going to be for us!



There is a beach area at the Lake.  I pack up and go to the Lake like I'm going to be there for hours.



Mostly because when we go to the Lake . . . we are there for hours!



The boys play in the water and swim and jump off the pier over and over again. 



The boys love hunting and catching tadpoles and baby frogs when they're at the Lake.



They catch the tadpoles and they let the tadpoles go . . .



I guess you call that "catch and release" tadpoles.  :)



For some reason, when we are at the Lake, the boys seem to get along and play well together.  It's like a magical place . . .



Even when most everyone has already left the Lake, the boys still want to stay and play.



Shane loves sitting in his little green chair right beside me on the beach under the umbrella as much as he loves playing in the water.  He's so funny.



After the boys play and play at the Lake, we usually end the day with a picnic meal under one of the pavilions by the Lake.



And so this summer will always be remembered for being the very first summer spent at the Lake for . . .

                                 the Ferrell boys and me!



2 comments:

I love your comments!