Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Ferrell Family Roadtrip: To Amarillo, Texas


Date:  Saturday, June 15, 2013 and Sunday, June 16, 2013

So we left out on our Roadtrip late Saturday afternoon after I hurriedly packed up clothing and necessities for our family of five.

We drove up to and through Memphis, Tennessee, and found a place to spend the night in Forrest City, Arkansas.  It was a cheap motel ($49) and suited our most immediate need for sleep and shelter.  Nothing fancy.  :)  We picked up a couple of pizzas from the local Pizza Hut for supper and quickly went to bed.

Part of the fun during this Roadtrip was including all my friends and family on Facebook through our status updates.  Here's our FB status at this point:



The next morning we loaded up and headed to Little Rock.


So Dave started out driving in Arkansas, but then he decided to take a break and let me drive for a while.  I drove us through Oklahoma City and was almost to the Texas state line when I saw some billboards advertising a Cherokee Trading Post.  In my mind -- definitely Not out loud -- I was thinking how much fun it would be to stop . . .

So when I came upon the exit, I quickly took the off ramp and headed for the Trading Post.


My next FB status:


They had teepees, buffalo, and all kinds of western objects around the post.  The boys jumped out of the car and started running for it all.


This represented our first stop on the Ferrell family roadtrip.


This is also where Shane whipped out his private part and started tinkling right there in front of the buffalo!  I was too far away to stop him . . . so I took a picture instead!


After this special Ferrell boy moment, we headed on over to see the buffalo.


After exploring the outside attractions, we headed inside to see what there was to see.

Shane found an Indian friend.


Dave and Zach posing together.



Dave and Alex posing together.



Ha!  When we left the Trading Post, Dave wouldn't let me drive!  And it was 3 days before he trusted me to drive again!  I guess he didn't like my impulsive exit to the Trading Post.  Ha!  But what's a roadtrip without stopping along the way and taking in the local sites!

An interesting site along the Oklahoma interstate is the huge windmills spinning and spinning.


And then there was . . .


We drove on to Amarillo, Texas, and found a great hotel there to spend the night.  It was great because we were able to get a suite which means that Dave and I had our own room and the boys had their own room! 


Of course, their room involved a pull-out sofa bed, but that was okay by them!

And so to bed we go to rest up for tomorrow and the next adventure on the Ferrell Family Roadtrip with . . .

                              the Ferrell boys and me!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!