Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Valentine Fun at Ferrell Farm


Y'all know how much I love Valentine's Day . . . I made a a big deal out of it last year for the boys with a Valentine Kick-off Breakfast . . . .


 and a fun Countdown to Valentine's Day with different activities for the boys every day . . .


But waking up at 5 o'clock to make the boys breakfast on a school/work day  -- so not fun!  And thinking of 14 activities to do every day with the boys and actually doing the activities every day -- so not easy!  Ha!

This Valentine's holiday I wanted to do something special.  I also wanted to countdown to the special day in a special way for the boys.  Last year I saw a cute Valentine mailbox idea at The Anderson Crew  . . .




So I've been on the look-out for some mini metal mailboxes for my boys.  And I finally found them at Walmart in the Valentine section.   There were lots of different mailboxes to choose from, but I decided my boys would love the character mailboxes more than frilly Valentine decorated mailboxes . . .

The Ferrell boys are Boys -- thru-and-thru -- afterall!  I stopped by the Dollar Tree and picked up some glass candlesticks.  I already had the E6000 glue.


I followed the directions on the glue and stuck each mailbox to the top of the candlestick.  For Shane the Toy Story mailbox . . .


For Alex . . . the Avengers mailbox . . .


For Zach . . . a Star Wars mailbox . . .


I have put together treats and toys for the boys for each day leading up to Valentine's Day.  I found some really cute FREE printables to use from a couple of the blogs I follow.
Here are the links for the tags I'm using.

We Love Being Moms blog has a bunch of really cute tags you can copy and print for your own personal Valentine use.

Candy Tag BlogPost Link

 {Source}

14 Days of Valentines for Kids BlogPost Link

 {Source}

14 Days of Valentines for your Spouse BlogPost Link

 {Source}

I picked some out of each of these selections for the boys.  I also used some tags from Mommy By Day Crafter By Night blog.

 {Source}

I attached a candy treat to the appropriate tag . . .


and surprised the boys on February 1st and each day since with a Valentine treat in their mailbox.



This was a very easy Valentine happy to do for the boys and the boys, including Dave, LOVE it!  It's the first thing the boys do in the morning . . . run to see if the red flag is up on their mailbox!  That's the signal that something has been added to their special mailbox!  It's been fun for me too.

Anyways . . . that's how we are doing our Countdown to Valentine's Day here at the Ferrell Farm with . . .

                            the Ferrell boys and me!

I'm linking up to these parties:

saving4six

SixSistersStuff.com 



1 comment:

I love your comments!