Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Makeover Monday - Bar Stools and Chairs

By the way, I know it's Tuesday.  I'm just a day behind in my blogging.  :)

So my sister, Michelle, and I spent the day shopping for bar stools and chairs this past Saturday for my breakfast room makeover, and I actually bought one bar stool and one chair to try out in that area.

I wrote about our fun shopping trip in my previous post, but I didn't share how the bar stool and chair looked in my house.  So I took a few pictures from every angle of the bar stool and chair . . . .  to see how they looked.  The view to the bar stool from the pantry . . .


The view from the living room . . .


The view coming in the patio door . . .

Ok . . . I really like the bar stool.  The boys LOVE the bar stool.  They fight over who gets to sit on it!  So the bar stool question has been decided, I think.  Now I just have to get two or three more and soon!  

Now regarding the breakfast table chair . . .

  
The back of the chair is quite a bit taller than the original chairs that came with the table.


And the chair also seems to be quite a bit bigger than what the breakfast table needs.   I'm thinking I might need to get a bigger table if I decide to buy these chairs.  Imagine 6 of these chairs placed around the table . . .


It's hard to decide.  I love the chair . . . it is so comfortable and sturdy. 



What to do . . .  We need 6 new chairs for the table.  Some of you may have already noticed that I only have 3 chairs left out of the original table set, and we are having to use a piano bench for additional seating! 

I also have to consider the space between the kitchen table chairs and the bar stools.  That is a highly traveled space . . . lots of little boys running back and forth in that area . . . not a lot of room . . .


I think I will work on refinishing the table this week and put off making any decisions concerning the chairs until after I've finished that project.  Who knows?  I might ruin the table and have to purchase a whole new set!  Ha!

Let me know what you think.  I am honestly having a difficult time making a decision about the table and chairs.

Hopefully, I will have made a decision about the chairs by next week's Makeover Monday with . . .

                          the Ferrell boys and me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!