Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Snow Day Fun


I have been wanting it to snow so much!  When Christmas was over and all the decorations were put away, I developed a longing for Snow. 

I hated to decorate for Valentines Day this early and my house looked so bare with all the decorations put away.  I decided to bring the snow I longed for inside the house.  I kept my snowman/welcome sign out.



Dollar General -- one of my favorite stores -- has marked their Christmas decorations down by 70%.  I stopped by to see what was left after Christmas, and I found some cute winter stuff to use in decorating for Snow.  Snowflake placemats and table runner. . . . white candles with epsom salt "snow" . . .


Snowflake kitchen towels . . .  Love me some Dollar General!  Especially 70% off!


For the past week or two, the boys and I have really enjoyed the snow decorations.  The boys especially loved the "snow" on the windows.  Can of snow -- 70% off!


Today . . .  I got the real snow I longed for . . . . outside! 


A true Snow Day!  This is what was waiting for us when we woke up this morning.  The sun wasn't even up yet!  Not much snow . . . but at least there was some snow!


I told Dave that I had "charmed" the weather with all my snow decorations!  Yes I'm taking credit for the snow!  :D

The boys were so excited.  Zach and Alex immediately went outside to play in the snow.  Shane didn't wake up so I went back to bed with him.  We slept until 9:30!  School was cancelled!  My office was closed!  Life was good!  And when we went outside . . . the snow had fallen more and more and covered everything in its glorious cleanness!


Shane and I got dressed and went outside to play in the snow.  Zach and Alex were busy making snowmen.


It was snowing pretty good outside.  The snow kept hitting my camera and made for some blurry pictures.


I like the way the snow/blurry makes the pictures look . . . a nice snowy effect.

Zach and Shane worked together to roll a ball of snow . . . This snowball got so big after a while . . . Zach couldn't move it anymore!


Alex played in the snow all day.  He loved it.  He absolutely LOVED making snowmen.


Shane tried to make a snowman . . .


 But he got bored with it and moved on . . .



The snow was falling so much that it was getting in Shane's eyes.  He didn't like that at all.  Look at his face!


My house . . . in the snow . . .


The boys were busy making snowmen . . . oblivious to the cold . . .



They had been playing in the snow since 7 o'clock!  By 10:30, they started getting hungry, so I whipped up some soup and sandwiches for them.  Notice the snowflake placemats I picked up at Dollar General for 70% off.




Some hot chocolate hit the spot for getting us all warm again.
















After warming up, Shane, Zach, and I found something to do in the house.  Alex went back outside and made a snowman army.


He asked me to take a picture of his army from every angle.



As the snow was melting, I could see the disappointment in his face.  I decided to help him make one more snowman.  I went inside and got a scarf and a corncob pipe.


Alex loved it!  He especially loved having me help him!  


Alex is one little boy that truly enjoyed his Snow Day!  


Now the snow is all melted and everything outside is mushy and wet. . . . but we're still loving our Snow Day at the Farm!  I have two big bowls of snow in the freezer for snow ice cream . . . . and I have some secret snow surprises for the boys' lunchboxes tomorrow!  

No one's ready to let the snow go away and neither are  . . . 

                                the Ferrell boys and me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!