Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Spring Flower Balls

I've really been in a crafty mood lately.  And I've been suffering with intense Spring fever too!  Ha! 

I saw a cute flower ball topiary made from carnations and using a topiary form from Walmart.  Alas, we don't have a Walmart where I live.  (I know that's hard to believe.)

So I stopped by my favorite dollar store (Dollar General) and bought some flower bundles.


And I dug through my craft supplies and found a package of styrofoam balls and clay pots.  :)


I cut the flowers off the bundles leaving a small stem.


Then I stuck the flower into the styrofoam ball.  You could put some glue on the flower stem to secure it to the ball after you poke it into the ball, but my flowers stayed in just by sticking them in.


Then continue adding flowers until the entire styrofoam ball is completely covered.

I'm going to get a stick from the yard and make a topiary out of this daisy flower ball.


I got a little carried away making flower balls.


Yellow daisies . . .


Pretty pretty pretty . . .


Even the Ferrell boys wanted to help.  Alex and Shane had a great time making flower balls with me.


Who would have thought that two little boys would enjoy making flower balls?!



We had a great time together.  I haven't decided where I'm going to put all the flower balls we made, but I think they look great!


I put a couple of the balls on top of a clay pot and I think they look so cute!


I also had a couple of styrofoam balls with a metal piece in the middle for a candle.  they are actually halved styrofoam balls . . . not round ones . .  so they sit flat.   I stuck flowers in it leaving the place in the middle for the candle and then put it in a clay pot.


Now I just need a candle!  I'm getting everything ready to decorate for Spring and Easter . . . I just need to haul my Easter/Spring containers from the shed!

Spring fever is rampant here at Ferrell Farm with . . .

                       the Ferrell boys and me!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!