Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Mrs. Beth Anderson's Strawberry Cake & Strawberry Icing


Every year for Mary Beth's birthday, my sweet friend Vicky makes a strawberry cake with strawberry icing.  This year she made a doll cake for Mary Beth out of the same strawberry cake and strawberry icing recipe.  Every year. . . the same strawberry cake with strawberry icing . . .

And every year, I eat it up and swear it's the best thing I've ever eaten!  I have finally procured the recipe!


This recipe card was laying around while Vicky was icing the doll cake and I (like a spy) quickly took a picture of it!  Ha!  It's written in Mrs. Beth's own handwriting!  That makes it more special than if I had copied it down myself.  I loved Mrs. Beth!

Now I know it sounds like I stole this recipe, but actually, I did get permission to share it with you from Mrs. Beth's daughter, Mary Ann.  So no guilt here except the guilt I felt for the HUGE piece of cake I ate!

Mrs. Beth Anderson's Strawberry Cake Recipe

Duncan Hines white cake mix
4 eggs
1 cup of (Wesson) oil
3 oz. pkg of strawberry jello
1/2 cup sliced strawberries (with juice if frozen)(Vicky used frozen strawberries)
1/2 cup of water

Mix together with an electric mixer and bake at 350 degrees in a buttered/floured 9x13 pan. . . or in a batter bowl if you're making a doll cake . . . or as cupcakes . . . or as a layered cake . . .

Mrs. Beth Anderson's Strawberry Icing

1 stick oleo (Vicky used butter)
1 box confectioners sugar
1/2 cup mashed strawberries (Vicky used frozen strawberries and she let the mixer mash them)


Mix well with electric mixer and spread on cooled cake.  Keep the iced cake in the refrigerator for best results.

Vicky didn't measure the strawberries, but just poured in some of the thawed strawberries from the box.  She added the sugar until the frosting was the consistency she wanted for spreading on the doll cake.  She said she didn't add as much of the strawberries as she usually does so the frosting would stay on the doll cake.


And here is the beautiful doll cake again made of strawberry cake with strawberry icing.  Read my post on how to make this doll cake HERE.  We kept the doll cake in the refrigerator until we were ready to serve it to the birthday girl.  Otherwise, the icing would start to droop and separate making little holes on the cake.


All I have to say about this cake is . . . it was ALL gone when I left!  It was that GOOD!

Lots of love from  . . .

                        the Ferrell boys and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!