I thought it would be fun do this . . . and actually it was fun. I really had to think about some of these questions before answering them! So here goes . . .
1. What is your favorite thing to do in your hometown?
My favorite thing to do isn't truly located in my hometown of Macon, but it is located in my home county of Noxubee. We love going to the Noxubee Refuge! They have fun activities for children throughout the year. Lots of stuff to do . . .
great trails to hike,
wildlife to see,
lots to explore,
places to picnic,
plus canoeing and fishing too. Our favorite activity is the annual Refuge Day which will be on October 12th this year! The boys love being "hands-on" with the live animals and reptiles that they have there on that day. Snakes . . .
baby alligators . . .
plus lots of fun activities for kids of all ages to do!
2. What is the best vacation spot in Mississippi?
Well, that depends on who is doing the vacationing. For a family vacation, we enjoy a quick trip to the Gulf Coast! My boys love the beach and playing in the water! Here are some pictures from a weekend trip in 2009!
I love the fact that it's not too crowded. There are plenty of hotels and great restaurants! My boys loved feeding and chasing the seagulls . . .
playing in the sand . . .
building sand castles . . .
and of course, playing in the water!
The water doesn't look crystal clear, but my boys didn't seem to mind.
If it's a vacation for just me and my husband, I would pick Greenwood, Mississippi! Definitely we'd stay at The Alluvian! And across the street from The Alluvian is the Viking Cooking School! I've taken two cooking classes at the Viking Cooking School, and I think it would be awesome to take one of the couple's classes with my husband! There's great shopping and dining in Greenwood too! Also, across from The Alluvian is an excellent Spa with couple's packages! I think I've just sold myself on this vacation for me and Dave for our upcoming anniversary! [Hint! Hint! Dave]
3. Tell us about the most fun date night idea in Mississippi.
Tailgating at the Grove in Oxford followed by the Ole Miss football game then dinner and dancing at one of the many restaurants/clubs on the Square! Hotty Toddy! Here's me and Dave at the Oxford Grill House a couple of weeks ago.
4. What is one fun fact that very few people know about you?
That I can draw and paint. I don't do it very often. I love to do crafty projects, and I love to sew. Most people know that about me, but I don't think many people know that I can actually draw and paint most anything I can look at while I'm drawing. I'm not very good at sketching pictures from memory, but I can draw most anything if I can have it right in front of me.
5. Who is your favorite sports team (if you have one) and how did it start?
It started after I enrolled in Law School at Ole Miss and the Rebels became a part of me once I graduated from there!
6. What are your top three “Best Eats” in Mississippi?
1) Harvey's in Columbus; 2) Old Venice in Starkville, and 3) the Oxford Grill House in Oxford.
7. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Still living in the country in Noxubee County, Mississippi. Still practicing law in Macon, Mississippi. Still chasing both the big and the little Ferrell boys all over the place! Still thankful for these many blessings!
8. If you could choose an actress to play you in real life, who would you choose and why?
9. What is a southern tradition you and your family have?
Black-eyed peas for "luck" and turnip or collard greens for "riches" every New Year's Day for lunch or supper! Along with some type of pork whether it's pork loin, ham hocks, or pork chops. Also, my mother has always said that whatever you do on the first day of the year is what you'll be doing for the rest of the year, so we always keep that in mind when planning the day. The best New Year's Day is always the one where we've spent the day together as a family!
10. List 5 things on your Bucket List you hope to do before you die.
1. See my grandchildren graduate college and get married.
2. See the Grand Canyon again with my husband, Dave. (This time without our children)
3. Vacation in Italy with my husband, Dave.
4. Take my children to Disney World.
5. Take a cross-country road trip in an RV.
- Write a post answering the above questions, and post it today (or as soon as you can).
- Grab the button code, and add it to your post.
- Come back to us to link up said post.
- Grab a big glass of sweet tea, and meet the ladies ’round our Mississippi Women Bloggers table!
But that's how busy it can be around here on Ferrell Farm especially when it comes to planning the future with . . .
the Ferrell boys and me!