Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Dancing Rabbit Festival Weekend

Whew!  We've been sooooo busy at Ferrell Farm!  I haven't stopped to blog in two weeks! 

This past weekend was our town's annual Fall Festival a/k/a the Dancing Rabbit Festival.  We look forward to it every year.  And every year, I get a picture of my boys with the Dancing Rabbit.



Alex is the one that the rabbit has his arm around and Zach is the one in the yellow and black jacket.  Shane isn't in the picture because he was too busy at the inflatables.


We had a great time at the Festival even though it was freezing cold! 

Saturday was also mine and Dave's wedding anniversary.  We've been married 11 years. 

The funny thing about this year is that our anniversary fell on Dancing Rabbit Festival day, and we were married 11 years ago on Dancing Rabbit Festival Day!  Also, it's usually very hot on the day of the festival, but on our wedding day it was freezing cold!  Just like this Saturday!  Dave and I remarked over the fact that when we got married on Dancing Rabbit Festival day, we never expected to be 11 years later at the Dancing Rabbit Festival with our 3 little boys!   God is so Good!

Because my office is downtown, we were able to take a break from the cold during the Festival by going inside my office.  Look what I found waiting for me!


Dave is so sweet!  And I got him nothing! 

Sunday we had a Fall Festival for our Children's Ministry program.   I teach the 11 and 12 year olds.  All the children had a great time at the church festival.  My class and I got together for a picture . . .



You can't see all 9 of them because some of the shorter ones were standing behind the taller ones.  They are a great bunch of kids.

We took a picture of all the children at the end of the festival.  Alex had his face painted and I couldn't see him at first in the picture.  He's the one in the middle with the flag painted across his entire face!


Last night we had to put the finishing touches on Alex's book report.  He did his report on a book called "Dracula Doesn't Rock and Roll."  It's one of the books included in The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids series.  Here he is drawing a picture of the alleged vampire Dracula playing in a concert with bats flying all around him.


I let Alex pick our supper for the night.  He chose one of his favorite meals . . . meatloaf!  The problem was that it was already 6:30 p.m. and we weren't even home yet!

My solution to this problem with time . . . make the meatloaf into smaller loaves!


I have seen where Rachael Ray makes smaller meatloaves in muffin tins so I decided to try it myself.  I made my meatloaf the way I always do . . . using the Hunts tomato sauce for meatloaf . . .


I scooped 1/3 cup of the meatloaf mixture and put it in greased muffin tins.  I baked the mini meatloaves at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  I then topped the mini loaves with the tomato sauce mixture . . .


I continued baking the mini meatloaves for 10 more minutes.  I scooped them out and let them drain on a rack before serving them to the boys. 


Alex ate 3 of them!  All the boys . . . Dave included . . . loved them!  And I made these mini meatloaves in half the time of a regular meatloaf!

All in all we had a great weekend at Ferrell Farm . . . and at the Dancing Rabbit Festival too . . .
         
            Fun for . . .

                       the Ferrell boys and me !


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!