Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2019

Ferrell Family Vacation 2019

We left for our annual family vacation -- our annual roadtrip vacation on the very last day of May.
May 31, 2019
This year's roadtrip picture.
We don't set off as a family to the beach or Gatlinburg for vacation like most people do in our hometown.  No, we pile into a rental car that is packed to the brim with our "necessities" and head out on an almost two week roadtrip across the United States.
June 2018
Last year's roadtrip picture.
Sometimes we head east.  For the last two years we have headed west.  We've traveled to Niagara Falls, Boston, New York City, Washington D.C., Mt Rushmore, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Colorado . . . I could go on.
July, 2017, at the Grand Canyon.
This was our second time to visit the Grand Canyon.
Last year we drove all the way to California. It was so much fun. This year Zach and Alex wanted to go back to California because there were so many things we didn't get to see or do, but Dave had set his mind on going back to Yellowstone.  
Last year at Alcatraz, San Francisco, California.
June 2018.
So here I am sitting in Little Rock, Arkansas, where we spent the first night of our roadtrip adventure, writing this post.  I literally did not know where we were going this year until the morning we left.  Dave had not told us where we were going but kept it to himself.  It's hard to pack for a vacation when you don't know where you're going.  So at the last minute, we are all grabbing our coats and fleece pullovers in case it's still chilly at Yellowstone.

July 2017.
The last time we visited Yellowstone, it was warm enough to wear shorts and T-shirts.
I was adamant that if we were going to Yellowstone, I didn't want to drive through Kansas and Nebraska.  Nothing wrong with those two states, but there's not a lot to see but farmland, and I wanted to go a different way this time.  So we are going through Colorado.  
July 2017.
My boys at one of Yellowstone's hot springs.
Colorado is probably one of my favorite states to visit.  It is so beautiful and has so many wonderful sites to see.  It is also where Shane and I wanted to go this year.  #win!

Mount Evans Summit, Colorado.
June 2013 and June 2018
Today we leave Little Rock and continue west on I-40 toward Amarillo, Texas, where we will turn and head north toward Colorado.  The GPS gave us a faster route through Kansas, but Dave said it would not be too much longer to go this alternate route.  My husband is the best and always tries to make me happy.  There are underlying reasons I have for wanting to go through Oklahoma and Texas, but you'll have to wait to see what those reasons are.  


So it's Yellowstone or bust traveling with


the Ferrell boys and me!






1 comment:

I love your comments!