Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

Five on Friday #9


I'm linking up with some other blogs to share

Five on Friday with the Ferrell boys and me!

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

[ 1 ]     Field Trip:

The boy's school went on a field trip Tuesday to see the play, "Junie B. Jones Jingle Bells, Batman Smells!"


The boys were so excited.  


I usually go on all the field trips, so the teachers were very surprised when I told them that I wasn't going.


I took pictures of all the boys that morning just before they left on the bus.  They are growing up so fast.  Zach got that Ole Miss sweatshirt last weekend at the game, and he has worn it every day to school over his clothes instead of carrying a jacket!  I can only imagine what the teachers are thinking about my child wearing the same thing every day!  ha!


[ 2 ]     Ole Miss football game:

Some good friends of ours gave me and the boys some tickets to the Ole Miss vs. Troy football game last weekend.



  It was Zach's 2nd college football game and Alex's 1st college football game. . . in other words . . . A Very Big Deal!



Alex really enjoyed the game and cracked me up with the crazy red and blue wig!


It was a very special game for me because my sister, Michelle, went with us to the game since Dave had to work and couldn't go. 


 It was the first time she had been back to Ole Miss since 1995!  We drove around after the game totally amazed at how much Oxford had changed from when we were going to school there.

[ 3 ]     Porcupine cones:


One of my Fall decorating touches includes using pine cones, and I asked Shane if he wanted to help me gather some pine cones.  While I got busy doing something else and forgot about gathering the pine cones, Shane didn't forget at all.  He came up to me and asked when we were going to go get the "porcupine cones."  :)

[ 4 ]     Christmas Bazaar:



The boys' school has an annual Christmas Bazaar and Zach's class was in charge of it this year.  There were so many cute hand made items for sale this year.  

I donated 5 pans of cinnamon rolls which joined the other delicious baked goods for sale . . .


2 of my crocheted swirly scarves (the pink one and the black one ) . . . 



a crocheted hoody/scarf combo thing . . . 



and some Christmas left over scrap pieces from one of my projects.  The snowmen and santas that I pulled off these stocking holders . . .



My friend Robin took them and made some really cute Christmas tree ornaments by adding ribbon to them.  Unfortunately, I have no pictures of them after Robin fixed them.  :)  But fortunately, the beautified Christmas ornaments sold pretty quickly.  :)

[ 5 ]     PW Cinnamon rolls:

I love Pioneer Woman.  I've been following her blog and watching her cooking shows and buying her cookbooks and cooking her recipes for a while now.  My Amish friendship bread that I was making for the bazaar didn't work out.  Some little gnats or fruit flies found my starter very appealing so I chunked it.  What to do?
Make some PW cinnamon rolls of course!



In her recipe, she puts maple flavoring and a little bit of coffee in the icing.  I  have made the cinnamon rolls before, but I always used the regular powdered sugar/milk icing on the rolls.  This time I followed her recipe completely including her maple flavored/coffee icing . . . Oh my!  They were divine!  Her recipe made 6 round pans of cinnamon rolls, but I couldn't donate them without tasting them first so . . . I did . . . taste them . . . several times!  

I donated 5 pans of rolls and brought a piece of a pan of rolls for people to taste.  Once they tasted the sample cinnamon roll, then they immediately reached for a pan to buy!  They were THAT good!  Here's a link to Ree's cinnamon roll recipe

So there's my Five on Friday!  Hope you've enjoyed this quick look into this very busy past week with . . .

                       the Ferrell boys and me!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!