Pages

Friday, November 1, 2013

Five on Friday #6


I'm linking up with some other blogs to share

Five on Friday with the Ferrell boys and me!


[ 1 ]     Halloween Week

We've had a very busy Halloween week which included the school's 4th Annual Haunted House, the school's Harvest Carnival, the Elon church wiener Roast and Hayride, the Haunted Hayride at Lazy U, and the Kindergarten field trip to the Nursing Home!  Wow!  And with all that activity, the Ferrell boys didn't even go trick or treating!  Or did we?!?  ;-D  



Yes, we went on Friday night to a few family and friends' houses.  Apparently Zach has gotten too big (in his way of thinking) to dress up for Halloween.  

[ 2 ]     Old Fashioned Sunday

This past Sunday our church had an old fashioned Sunday church service and fellowship following the service.  The boys and I dressed up for it and had a great time!


I'm going to write a separate post about that Sunday.  It was so much fun that I feel like it deserves a blog post all on its own.

[ 3 ]     Dancing Rabbit Festival

Our town's annual festival was this past Saturday, and we spent the day enjoying all the festival food and activities.  In my earlier post about that day, I failed to show y'all what I bought for myself.  I try to find one item each year from the festival.  It's a little tradition of mine . . . to hunt through all the vendors' booths to find the one item that's going home with me.  Here it is:


I love it!  It's made from burlap and printed fabric.  I've got to find the perfect place for it!  

[ 4 ]     Haircuts

I cut Shane and Alex's hair this past week.  I've been cutting all the boys' hair myself for a year now.  I think I did a pretty good job considering I'm really a lawyer!



The only problem is that by cutting Shane's hair so short, it revealed quite glaringly the bald spot on the back of his head where his brother pulled out a patch of hair during the middle of a wrestling match that got out of hand!


Gosh, I hope it grows back!  He is so funny about it!  He said, "Take a picture of the back of my head Momma and put it on Facebook!"  

[ 5 ]     Holiday Countdown to Christmas



I've started preparing for the Christmas holidays by joining in with another blogger in her Holiday Countdown.  Shauna at Satori Design for Living gives a week by week list of "things to do" before Christmas gets here so that we can have a stress-free and enjoyable Christmas holiday.  I started this week by completing a couple of items on her week one list.  

1.  I have had our Christmas card pictures taken earlier this week.  

2.  I started winterizing the outside of our house.  I still have to complete that this weekend, but I've already gotten the back patio cleared off and ready for winter.  I started by draining the pool and unhooking all the hoses and storing the pump  etc.



3.  On her list, Shauna suggests that we go ahead and hang our outdoor lights up so we won't have to do it in the snow and ice.  Well, here in Mississippi, we don't get a lot of snow, if any, until after Christmas so I'm not going to hang my lights up just yet. . . . But I did take down the icicle lights that were hanging on the back patio for the past year . . . half of them don't even work anymore!


Shauna also suggests that this is the best time to plan your outdoor decorating scheme and purchase the lights and items you need for that right now while there are plenty to choose!  I think that sounds like a great idea.  I'm planning to hit Lowes this weekend to pick up some new icicle lights and some paper white bulbs to plant with the boys.  (also on her list for this week).

So there's my Five on Friday!  Hope you've enjoyed this quick look into this very busy past week with . . .

                        the Ferrell boys and me!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're making great progress! We planned on putting the lights up this weekend (of course not turning them on until December), but we're getting a big dump of snow. That will have to wait and hopefully it will warm up a bit soon! Love reading about your progress :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!